The tricky thing about this whole parenting deal is the very milestones you're looking forward to are the beginning of growing them up to leaving you. Sitting up, talking, walking, eating solid foods, following directions, all of these things are important to life away from you and your magical boobs of awesomeness.
In less than three weeks Ladybug will be two. We're already seeing the telltale signs of 2 including:
- Use of the word "No" in every possible situation.
- Never wanting to leave anywhere ever
- Needing to do it herself aka "Ladybug do it"
- The use of stall tactics to delay bedtime including "no daddy kisses" (Kisses happen right before bed as a part of our routine) and 53,215 bathroom trips.
- Very clear requests for every meal, most of which are "daddy cereal" also known as Froot Loops.
- The most possible emotions. It's like she's a hormonal teenager without the hormones or the teen part.
Even though I'm sure I'll blink and she'll have her doctorate, I'm enjoying "almost two." Well except for the meltdown for no good reason part. That's the exact opposite of fun.