I've made a conscious effort to cook new things. If I'm honest, I could survive off just spaghetti and nachos. I could make a big pot of spaghetti on Sunday and then eat that until Wednesday when I would make a big pot of taco meat. Sure that's not a balanced meal, I'm ok with that.
I came across a recipe for these stuffed peppers and was intrigued. The recipe was simple enough, and it contained my two favorite ingredients, meat and cheese :-)
Honestly, the meal almost didn't happen because I was eating the filling out of the skillet. It was that good.
I served it with homemade mashed potatoes. Ladybug approved!
Adapted from onceamonthmom.com
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
- 3 green bell pepper, halved from stem to bottom and de-seeded
- 1 pound deli roast beef, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
|Fresh out the oven|